Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:00:39 -0700
There is also an example of this calc in the Steel Tips for BRBF's. It's in that steel tips to demonstrate one of the advantages of BRBF's over SCBF's is that the unbalanced check doesn't result in a big beam since the compression and tension capacities of BRB's are almost identical (compression is actually slightly higher).
Yes for SCBF.
-gmOn Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Salvador Dorado <sdorado(--nospam--at)tbengineeringinc.com> wrote:
Gerard, you say there is no zipper column required, per the design example in volume 3. However, the beam must be large enough to resist the unbalanced loading condition in bending, Correct?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF
- Next by Subject: RE: was: shear lug, now OT
- Previous by thread: Re: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF
- Next by thread: RE: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF