R for knee brace

Hello, all

I have small canopy project, 40' x 16' x 10' high having 4 steel columns at corner.  OMRF(Ordinary Moment Resisting Frame) with R = 3.5 used at trasverse direction and I will have L shape knee braces at longitudinal direction. But I have no idea what R value is suitable for this knee bracing.
Please give me some idea.
Thanks in advance.

LA, CA