Re: R for knee brace

Are columns steel or wood ??

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

In a message dated 10/23/2009 2:40:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, leenlee_front(--nospam--at)leenlee.net writes:
Hello, all

I have small canopy project, 40' x 16' x 10' high having 4 steel columns at corner.  OMRF(Ordinary Moment Resisting Frame) with R = 3.5 used at trasverse direction and I will have L shape knee braces at longitudinal direction. But I have no idea what R value is suitable for this knee bracing.
Please give me some idea.
Thanks in advance.

LA, CA

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp