Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

In a message dated 10/23/2009 8:23:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, leenlee_front(--nospam--at)leenlee.net writes:
Because there are existing ramp and SOG it is impossible to have can cantilevered column system. So it should be pinned connection at bottom of steel columns.

In my opinion it will be O.K. to use OMRF at both directions because OMRF does not required pre-qualified connections. What do you think about this?

Thanks.

S&H

LA, CA

From: "jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 7:23:02 PM
Subject: Re: R for knee brace

And if they were to be timber?
Joe grill

From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:54:42 EDT
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

Dave

I would probably treat it like a Cantilevered Column  and use 2.5

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

In a message dated 10/23/2009 5:11:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com writes:
 the columns are steel.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM, <Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com> wrote:
Are columns steel or wood ??

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

In a message dated 10/23/2009 2:40:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, leenlee_front(--nospam--at)leenlee.net writes:
Hello, all

I have small canopy project, 40' x 16' x 10' high having 4 steel columns at corner.  OMRF(Ordinary Moment Resisting Frame) with R = 3.5 used at trasverse direction and I will have L shape knee braces at longitudinal direction. But I have no idea what R value is suitable for this knee bracing.
Please give me some idea.
Thanks in advance.

LA, CA

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp