Re: R for knee brace

To address the original R value question, I would recommend the same for a knee braced frame as a moment resisting frame because they respond more like a MRF than a braced frame.

- Jeremy

Quoting Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com:

If that's the case see if the Simpson bolt up frames will fit, they will be
 cheaper than welding.

Joe  Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

In a message dated 10/23/2009 8:23:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,