Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: shear lug[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: shear lug
- From: "Ben Yousefi" <byainc(--nospam--at)ca.rr.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:19:00 -0700
- Disposition-notification-to: "Ben Yousefi" <byainc(--nospam--at)ca.rr.com>
You have received a lot of good information so far on the lug. There is another option also. You can weld rebar to the bottom of the base plate or the flange of the embedded column and let the rebar develop the required shear in the footing, grade beam or slab.
Ben Yourself, SE
From: SGE Structural
Need to resist an unfactored shear force of about 38K at the baseplate level, anchor bolts not an option, thinking about embedding an HSS (say, 8x8x1/2).
Any ideas, suggestions, references for shear lug design?
Steve Gordin, SE
- Prev by Subject: Re: shear lug
- Next by Subject: re: shear lug
- Previous by thread: RE: shear lug
- Next by thread: Re: R for knee brace