re: shear lug/ BP

Not sure I understand the exacts of your problem, but another option may be to use the steel shear lug concept with stainless rods projecting out from the top of the BP to which you can anchor your aluminum columnn and base plate (2 part assembly). Another option to use a sleeve, where a steel pipe/HSS stub can be welded to the base plate, and the column would slide over top of it. You would need to use neoprene and stainless bolts as necessary for the dissimilar material issues... We have done this in handrail assemblies where the posts had to mount into concrete or to the top of a WF beam, and to deal with the stresses this was the best option.

HTH,
Andrew Kester, PE