From: Edward Jonson [edjonson(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:43 AM
To: seaint
Subject: Bridging for bar joist

Question about anchorage of bridging.  I have project where X-bracing of end bay of bridging is called out on plans rather than continuing bridging to concrete panels.  Joist manufacture claims this X-bracing does not provide positive anchorage. So the question is does the X-bracing provide positive anchorage?  Any comments much appreciated.

Ed Jonson