Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OT: metric vs. imperial[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: OT: metric vs. imperial
- From: David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:05:04 -0700
There are a few things that I don't like about the SI system but I don't think antiquated is one of them, unless of course you're just trying to stir things up.
My biggest beef is with millimetres; gives you numbers several inches long. Occasionally, I see calcs from Europe and they are still using centimetres, which seems a lot more sensible to me.
David Topete, SE
- Prev by Subject: OT: Bentley PDS Software?
- Next by Subject: Partial Settlement in 35W Bridge Collapse Lawsuits
- Previous by thread: Re: Malaysian foot bridge
- Next by thread: Masonry design books