OT: metric vs. imperial

Gary,

Purely tongue-in-cheek...

I kid because with a previous employer, we practically solely did design-build projects for the US DoD, mainly support and maintenance facilities for various military installations.  My boss, a former military pilot, would say, "The official unit system for all federal work is not inch-pound, but metric."  It took me awhile to learn most of the metric to imperial unit conversions.

I joke about SI being antiquated...  It will go by the wayside like the slide rule, allowable stress design, etc. if the Americans have their way...

AGAIN, PURE FRIDAY FUN!  DO NOT READ INTO THIS AS BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IT IS!