Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Suspension of Light Fixture[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Suspension of Light Fixture
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:31:34 -0700
I am designing the overhead support of a surgical light in an existing hospital, (California OSHPD). For vertical loads I would like to use a HSS vertical attached to a pair of horizontal angles. Loads are light and I would like to use 1- 5/8" diam. thru-bolt thru the HSS and "L" each side, but I somehow remember that someplace, (AISC?), you cannot use a one machine bolt connection. Any adivce as to whether this is true?
Thanks in Advance,
Larry Hauer S.E.
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
- Prev by Subject: RE: StructuralPedia - Main Wind Force vs C&C Wind Force
- Next by Subject: Re: Suspension of Light Fixture
- Previous by thread: Re: Back to ACI Appendix 'D' Bolt Head Question
- Next by thread: Re: Suspension of Light Fixture