Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Deflection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Deflection
- From: "Adair, Joel" <jadair(--nospam--at)shwgroup.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:53:49 -0600
- Priority: normal
I’ve typically seen people use H/400 for code-level (50-yr) wind or H/500 for 10-yr wind. These end up being pretty close to the same. AISC Design Guide 3 has some guidance.
-- Joel Adair
When wind governs in your lateral system design, what is the building drift limitation? There doesn’t seem to be any specified building drift limitation for wind loads (that I can find) in the code. What do you wind country folks do?
Doug Mayer, SE
- From: Doug Mayer
- Prev by Subject: Re: Deflection
- Next by Subject: RE: Deflection
- Previous by thread: Re: Deflection
- Next by thread: RE: Deflection