Re: Deflection

thank you Reza.

From: Reza Dashti <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: Seaint List Discussion List <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 4:28:31 PM
Subject: RE: Deflection

Check E3 (Bolted Connections) in AISI Standard (North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Structural Members)

Reza Dashti P.Eng
Vancouver, BC

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:45:22 -0800
From: sal_dorado(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Hi guys, do any of you guys know the allowable bearing value on a light gage metal stud? By bearing, I am refering to bolt bearing like in a light gage metal to light gage metal connected  in shear with machine bolts.  The allowable load would be governed by the allowable bearing between the light gage metal and the bolt. Does anyone know where I may find the equation for the particular bearing allowed?