Re: Contracting through Architect

I would also be somewhat leery, or at least *careful*, when contracting with an owner through a "representative."  Depending on how large a project is, and whether it justifies the overhead of an attorney-reviewed specific contract (most of mine don't), and who the rep is -- licensed, unlicensed, or just the client's brother who happens to be out of work at the moment -- such an arrangement *might* be acceptable.

BTW there appears to be a dearth of "pro" comments about contracting with an architect.   ;)

Ralph