Re: Contracting through Architect

With my simple one-man firm I've made things really easy. Only contract with owners & billing is COD. And around here there is almost always a final observation letter, so I hold that until final payment. Life's too short to spent it chasing payment.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

David L. Fisher wrote:

The dearth is because most archys are terrible about money.

They are afraid to ask the owners for it…and when they get it, they

Keep it.

I have a client that did exactly that…he got paid by the owner

(who was a friend of mine) and I */_knew_/* he got paid.

I confronted the architect about and called me “unprofessional”

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Principal

Fisher and Partners

372 West Ontario