Re: wind and drift

Wow,
H/20 blows my mind. I was not aware of any manufacturer that would stoop to
using that, let alone acknowledging the fact. No, I take that back ... I am
not aware of any _reputable_ manufacturer that would allow that limit as the
controlling condition.

Can we name names here?

Allowing h/20 as a design limit switch in software and designing a structure
that theoretically achieves a deflection at h/20 are separate issues.
Regardless of which element of the PEMB has design controlled at this limit,
I will guarantee that there is a connected element that is not properly
stabilized. The designer's focus is too narrow and the software is only
capable of checking what it has been programmed to check. I am not aware of
any manufacturer's software that could adequately handle that design.

Say, any more news about the Dallas Cowboys former practice facility? I saw
the preliminary report ...

Regards
Paul
--