Internship query !

I am a 2nd year B.tech student and in obv Civil. I have got along good
with my branch and I am loving it. I want to ask is that doing
research or going on site, which is more valuable for my internship in
2010 ? Secondly, I have gud interest in geotech bt ppl say that
Structural M.tech are more paid then Geotechnical M.tech, is it
correct ?