Research Project

Hi all,
               I am a student of 2nd year of Civil engineering, me and
one of my friend were thinking about make a Paper presentation in a
National event of our college. Can anyone please suggest some really
good topics as I have around 3 months so we can research on a
particular topic as well quite well. Subjects which I have studied
are-
1. Strength of materials
2. Geology
3. Geotech