RE: Federal judge rules Corps of Engineers liable for flood damage

Dear All: If you are interested, you can find a PDF of the Final Report of the comprehensive studies of levee failure in New Orleans done by a team of 35 researchers and engineers led by my colleagues and friends Professors Ray Seed and Bob Bea. The document submitted to the National Science Foundation , which funded the study is here:

http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/projects/neworleans/report/VOL_1.pdf

It is an excellent and historical work of high integrity and high quality research in the service of society to save lives.

Regards.
"Hassan"
Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
UC Berkeley