Re: Grade 8 bolt properties

I would guess that MSCR is short for "Machine SCRew", but it could be "machine screw BLANK BLANK".

You are correct regarding the grade 8 - med. carbon alloy, quenched and tempered. I would recommend keeping the SAE designation on the drawings, as it is a fairly recognized standard, and easy to identify when the builder goes to order them.

Brad