RE: Grade 8 bolt properties

Brad and David,
Thank you very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Connelly [mailto:connellybrad(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:01 PM
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Grade 8 bolt properties

I would guess that MSCR is short for "Machine SCRew", but it could be
"machine screw BLANK BLANK".

You are correct regarding the grade 8 - med. carbon alloy, quenched
and tempered.  I would recommend keeping the SAE designation on the
drawings, as it is a fairly recognized standard, and easy to identify
when the builder goes to order them.

Brad