Re: Grade 8 bolt properties

Joe,
I don't know what the intended use of your bolts, but remember that the AISC specification only refers to 3 kinds of bolts for structural purposes and machine bolts of grade 8 or 8.8 spec don't comply. Of course, if the bolts are under 1/2" you may have to use machine bolts. I have one customer who keeps wanting to use the nice shiny SAE grade 8 bolts because they look better than those black A325 or A490 bolts.
Gary