Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
How to eliminate tension springs in SAP2000[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <ETABS2000(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>, <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: How to eliminate tension springs in SAP2000
- From: "hossein mardanlo" <hosein.mardanloo(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:46:09 +0330
In SAP2000 software in assigning area spring to shell elements, there are available both "tension-compression" and "compression-only" springs, But even if "compression-only" is selected, in output results, tension is developed in springs. I don't know how we can model and analyze compression only springs to exactly model the soil-foundation contact situation.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Holding down bolts info
- Next by Subject: Re: How to eliminate tension springs in SAP2000
- Previous by thread: Re: older books, takers?
- Next by thread: Re: How to eliminate tension springs in SAP2000