Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:16 PM
Subject: How to eliminate tension springs in SAP2000

Hi,

In SAP2000 software in assigning area spring to shell elements, there are available both "tension-compression" and "compression-only" springs, But even if "compression-only" is selected, in output results, tension is developed in springs. I don't know how we can model and analyze compression only springs to exactly model the soil-foundation contact situation.

Regards,
Hossein Mardanlo