Longitudinal cracks in double TEE

Along with the column cracking issue I mentioned in another post, there is another cracking issue I would like some advice with.  I see longitudinal cracks in the top flange of the double tees.  What puzzles me is the cracks are right next to the webs.  They appear on either face, either the outboard face of the cantilever flange extension, or the inside face of the flange spanning between webs.  It is possible the cracks are shear crack since this would be the point of maximum shear in the flange, but I would think the flange would break away, and in some cases drop down, if it was a shear failure.

Are there issues related to prestressing forces, excessive camber, etc. that would cause a longitudinal crack?

Thanks for your insight.

Rich