Re: OMF Beam-Column Connection

Michel,

If you are using a bolted connection, then you could use AISC Steel Deign Guide 4 - First Edition or the Second Edition with a change in the required connection design moment.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Michel Blangy" <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com>
01/06/2010 12:21 PM
Please respond to seaint
"Seaint(--nospam--at)Seaint.Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
OMF Beam-Column Connection

Can someone recommend a reference for a connection design example per
314-05? I suspect the amount of calculations is small provided fully
restrained connection, weld access holes and continuity plates matching the
largest beam/column thickness are used. I do not see the need for any calcs.

Thanks in advance,

Michel

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org