RE: Exterior Deck

        Rich,
                You can put a silane (this term covers a lot of similar but varying chemicals) sealer on the concrete, which makes the surface hydrophobic and has to be replaced about every 5 years or so. Or you can put a traffic-bearing membrane (thats vehicle traffic) on top. With only foot traffic, it might not have to be replaced so often. I think both are supplied by any of the large outfits providing caulks.
                Or there are at least two products mixed into concrete these days that claims to make concrete hydrophobic, or at least impermeable to water, too. I have no experience with either Xypex nor Hycrete, so cannot vouch for their claims.
        Regards,
        Jim Getaz