To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Concrete - Cube Strength vs. Cylinder Strength
From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:27:04 -0800

Harold,

You might also note that the 2008 ACI-318 now allows a concrete test to be the average of either two 6" x 12" cylinders or three 4" x 8" cylinders.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
01/05/2010 08:27 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Concrete - Cube Strength vs. Cylinder Strength

I have found some studies from the internet that link cylinder strength tests to 6" (British std.) cube strengths.
http://www.logicsphere.com/products/firstmix/hlp/html/stre4s9w.htm

I have a couple of questions:
1.  Is there anything more definitive from ACI or ASTM that help us in international work?
2.  What are some other standard specimen sizes for determining concrete strength for other countries?

Regards, Harold Sprague