From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:49 AM
To: Struct. Eng. Assoc. <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Plywood Shear Wall Nailing

To All,

I have a wood framed commercial building project that has been stopped in mid-construction due to the economy. The plywood shear walls, (actually OSB Exposure I, Exterior Type), have been exposed to several rains and some of the nail heads appear to be sunk into the plywood about 1/16"- I think because of swelling of the OSB. I remember that somewhere there is an allowance for overdriving nails into plywood and I would assume that requirement could apply here- but I can't remember where that requirement is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft?s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.==