FW: seaint Digest for 16 Jan 2010

Don't know if this one has been answered or not, but here's a link to some info that should help:

http://www.tecotested.com/techtips/pdf/tt_overdrivenfasteners

Also, on the APA website, there's a document called: "Technical Topics: Effect of Overdriven Fasteners On Shear Capacity" (Form TT-012).

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media

American Wood Council
Engineered and Traditional Wood Products
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-463-2769
www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.

1                                Message:0001                            1