RE: Plywood Shear Wall Nailing

Larry,

I would not worry about it too much as far as structural capacity of the wall.  I would worry about the water born bacteria/ mold issues.  I had a project 10 years ago or so, where we had a floor diaphragm exposed to a lot of rain, the OSB swelled up.  We ran it by the engineers at APA, were told that in general the OSB will shrink back down.  We checked it in selected locations 6 months later and indeed this is what happened.  Check with APA help desk, they'll have references.

Regards,

Alexander (Sasha) Itsekson, SE, LEED AP

Enginious Structures, Inc.

Oakland, CA

510.272.9999

www.Enginious-Structures.com

P Please consider the environment responsibly before printing this email.