Re: Update: The Economy

All or most of the engineers up here are and have been busy through the recession - my own survey of the NIagara Peninsula, info from Toronto and a quote from a Calgary source . Probably because there was infra-structure work, the residential market was booming, oil and gas were doing well in Sask and Alta (Alta at least for a while) and in Ontario, the municipalities decided to not approve anything that was not in strict accordance with the code. In my case, I am getting home owners coming in at least once a week because of small and big things the municipalities would not even look at - "you need an engineer's approval".
Gary