International Building Practices & the United Nations

Hello all,

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before, but it would have been years ago and I can’t seem to locate my notes on the subject.  Is anyone aware of any studies done by the U.N. on building practices in developing countries with an emphasis on the quality of locally-available building materials?  With the disaster we are seeing in Haiti, it seems as though a study such as this, with some positive movement towards a solution, would be a very practical pursuit for the U.N. … but that may not really be their purview, I’m not sure.

Thanks,

Dave K. Adams, S.E.
LANE ENGINEERS, INC.
979 N. Blackstone Street

P.O. Box 1059
Tulare, CA  93275

Direct Line:  (559) 688-5263

Direct FAX:  (559) 688-8388

E-Mail: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com

Web: www.training4engineers.com