Hip Roofs and Parallel to Ridge

That’s what we do in the Wood Frame Construction Manual (WFCM) for One- and Two-Family Dwellings (which is referenced in the IRC). See WFCM Table 2.5B, footnote 4.

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media

American Wood Council

1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-463-2769
www.awc.org

AWC logo w tagline

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.