Re: LOADING: Rubber-Tired Construction Crane

Bill,

Typically if you call the crane manufacturer they will give you a different chart just for the various wheel loads based on with and without riggers plus traveling.

Thomas Hunt
Fluor

"bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc" <bill
01/26/2010 01:34 PM
Please respond to seaint
"<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject

I'm looking at the cut-sheets for the Galion 150 Series Hydraulic Mobile Crane, found here:

http://www.maximcrane.com/loadcharts/1%20%20%20Carry%20Deck%20Cranes/Galion_Dressser_Drott/150_Series_15T_SeriesGalion.pdf

First, I'm not exactly sure how to read the load tables they have here, but it seems as though they're indicating the maximum load at any given angle, with and without outriggers, and the maximum load specifically with the boom straight front, without outriggers (i.e. the crane could travel with the load in this case).

Then, the "working ranges" chart seems to indicate how to "translate" load positions with the boom raised in terms of the "Working radius" shown on the earlier load charts.

But I am ASS-UMING that these are the "working loads" and don't include the self-weight of the crane+boom/jib itself. What I want to do is figure out the max. wheel loads on this thing for purposes of supporting it on a structure (e.g. bridge/crawlway, etc.)

Does anyone have any additional information for this particular machine, or any insights into how I might arrive at the total wheel loads I need?