From: admin <admin(--nospam--at)seausa.org>
To: ddumba(--nospam--at)engineer.com
Sent: Wed, Jan 27, 2010 11:00 am
Subject: seaint Digest for 26 Jan 2010
From: "bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: "<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: LOADING: Rubber-Tired Construction Crane

------=_Part_236327_1110476625.1264541658646

I'm looking at the cut-sheets for the Galion 150 Series Hydraulic Mobile Crane,
found here:

http://www.maximcrane.com/loadcharts/1%20%20%20Carry%20Deck%20Cranes/Galion_Dressser_Drott/150_Series_15T_SeriesGalion.pdf

First, I'm not exactly sure how to read the load tables they have here, but it
seems as though they're indicating the maximum load at any given angle, with and
without outriggers, and the maximum load specifically with the boom straight
front, without outriggers (i.e. the crane could travel with the load in this
case).

Then, the "working ranges" chart seems to indicate how to "translate" load
positions with the boom raised in terms of the "Working radius" shown on the
earlier load charts.

But I am ASS-UMING that these are the "working loads" and don't include the
self-weight of the crane+boom/jib itself. What I want to do is figure out the
max. wheel loads on this thing for purposes of supporting it on a structure
(e.g. bridge/crawlway, etc.)

Does anyone have any additional information for this particular machine, or any
insights into how I might arrive at the total wheel loads I need?