Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Career Day Presentation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Career Day Presentation
- From: Alexander Bausk <bauskas(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:56:48 +0200
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com> wrote:
I used the West Point program a few years ago. I started with a simple bridge model that would immediately collapse and then progress through a series of stronger models until the truck made it across. The kids loved the truck falling down with the bridge sagging.
There was a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon several years ago on bridge loading. Calvin asks his dad how they rate bridges and he responds that they drive trucks over the bridge, each one being heavier than the one before it. When truck X collapses the bridge, they know the rating and just rebuild the bridge. If anyone wants the cartoon, I may still have the scanned jpeg.
Civil/Structural design & inspection engineer, CAD professional
ONILAES Lab at PSACEA
Tel. +38 068 4079692
Fax. +38 0562 470263
- Prev by Subject: Re: Career Day Presentation
- Next by Subject: RE: Career Day Presentation
- Previous by thread: Re: Career Day Presentation
- Next by thread: Re: Career Day Presentation