Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
gust factor - answers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: gust factor - answers
- From: Steve Gordin <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:12:44 -0800
With no responses, I bit the bullet and did it myself.
Changing parameters in the EXCEL spreadsheet, I was able to find the answer to the question I addressed to the List.
The ASCE 7 value for gust factor for a very flexible and tall (48-ft) post may be reasonably assumed at 0.9 (Exposure B).
The code algorithm does not appear sensitive to changes in rigidity (natural frequency), but reacts to switching to Exposure C.
- Prev by Subject: Re: gust factor
- Next by Subject: Gyroids
- Previous by thread: RE: Planter Loading
- Next by thread: SSTB Alternate