Structural Engineering Rules of Thumb

Hello Everyone,

I have been compiling a list of structural engineering rules of thumb.  The list is far from complete so I wanted to get some input from the group to see if anyone has their own list they would like to share.  You can send it to me directly if you like.

Included already are some of the rules of thumb from Ruddy/Ioannides for steel and Fanella for concrete.

You can find the rules of thumb at the following link:

http://structuralpedia.com/index.php?title=Category:Rules_of_Thumb

Thanks,

Jeremy

Structural Engineering Rules of Thumb