From: Vasu, Ravi
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:24 AM
Subject: Plan bracings for beams in SDC 'D'

List,

I have a piperack with longitudinal bracings(inverted V) in OCBF(R = 2.5).  Per AISC 341 section 14.3, the bracing point at the
center of the beam needs plan bracings to satisfy Specification eqn. A-6-7 & A-6-8 (Appendix 6).
I have few bents (chevron) braced in the other direction also.

My question is, do we need to give the plan bracings for beams at all the chevron bracings connection
Is there any exception/general practice for Piperack to satisfy this clause?

Thanks for your time & reply.

Ravi Vasu

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.