Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OFF TOPIC - book review[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, steel steel <steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>, misc misc <misciron-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>
- Subject: OFF TOPIC - book review
- From: G Vishwanath <gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:16:26 -0800 (PST)
In India we used to have a magazine called Caravan which ceased publication.
It has now been revived and in its new avataar, it is now classy, and modern.
It aims to be an Indian version of The New Yorker, Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, The New York Review of Books in United States, and Granta and Prospect in the UK
You can browse the online edition at www.caravanmagazine.in to get a taste of this magazine.
My son Nakul Krishna, now studying at Oxford University, has written a book review on an anthology of Indian writing in English and it has been published in the latest issue (Feb 2010)
He has written several other book reviews they have appeared in the Print Media and in web sites earlier.
In this case the link is :
Those who love books and read book reviews at least, if not the books themselves, may like to look this up.
Some of you may perhaps like to look this up and maybe leave a brief comment.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Octagonal shape studio
- Next by Subject: Off-topic - I want to be a cartoonist!
- Previous by thread: RE: Site specific snow load
- Next by thread: Getting LEED Certified