Recent snows in Washington DC area and building collapses

I noticed that there have been several building collapses back east in the Washington DC area from the recent snow.  I saw some pictures of a partially collapsed aircraft hanger at Dulles and a skating facility.  What is the design snow load for this area?  Did these snows exceed that load?