Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Galvanizing a Spar Hinge

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Robert, could I trouble you for more information on this? This is a marine application, and I'm sorry to say we don't have any in-house details for this (which is rather shocking, IMO).


Do you have a spec? Details? I hate to panhandle, but I'm rather desperate, since I'm dealing with an RFI, here.




On February 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)> wrote:

> McMaster Carr has a variety of products that can be put against the faying surfaces.  For starters, check out their moly filled garolite sheets.  When we do similar work in the marine industry, we frequently use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene sheets (UHMWPE) because of their wear and anti-friction properties.  United States Plastic Corp. carries this stuff.