RE: Galvanizing a Spar Hinge

I understand your RFI situation so first I’ll refer you to my main marine fender person who also advises us on UHMWPE facing materials.  This material is available in a wide variety of stock sizes that can be cut to suit your specifics.  The marine grade of this is good since it has UV inhibiters.  Contact John Deats, Maritime International, 1-866-265-5273.  Tell him Bob Garner sent you.  His specialty is marine fenders but the UHMWPE is part of the system.

I am coincidently working on some fenders with UHMWPE facing.

Let me know how it goes and if I can help further.

From: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 8:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Galvanizing a Spar Hinge

Robert, could I trouble you for more information on this? This is a marine application, and I'm sorry to say we don't have any in-house details for this (which is rather shocking, IMO).

Do you have a spec? Details? I hate to panhandle, but I'm rather desperate, since I'm dealing with an RFI, here.

Thanks.