From: J. D. Coombs [mailto:jcoombs(--nospam--at)coombsengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Deflections

In the 2003 IBC “Deflection Limits” Fig 1604.3, it gives the limit for Plaster Ceilings.  Does that include drywall, or does drywall fall under Non-Plaster?

Drywall is considerably more flexible than plaster.

I generally use the tighter limits, but this is a situation that truly doesn’t need tight limits.

Thanks

JDC

Jerry D. Coombs, P.E.
Coombs Engineering Services