Re: Employment Opportunity

This is just anecdotal. My son got married in the UK 5 years ago and his wife has lots of relatives there, one of whom is an engineer. According to him, the salaries of engineers are much higher than here. Possibly because everything also costs more there. When they come over to visit, they just love the prices here.
Gary

Stuart, Matthew wrote:

I would greatly appreciate getting some feedback from the List concerning an opportunity I have for a 2 year contract with a large multi-national engineering firm in the UK.

I have some contract experience from years ago, but do not have any experience working outside of the U.S. In addition, although the company I am dealing with has considerable name recognition the offer seems almost too good to be true.

If anyone has any expatriate experience in the UK and wouldn’t mind sharing with me your experiences, good or bad, please contact me privately.

Thank you.

*D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, SECB*

*Senior Project Manager*

*Structural Department*

*Associate*

*Engineers and Consultants - CMX <http://www.cmxengineering.com/index.htm>*