Re: Galvanic Actions

Thor,

Look into AISC 13th Table 2-6 (p. 2-42).

Stainless steel fasteners increase of corrosion of the base metal:
"markedly" in galvanized steel, and "marginally" in the regular steel.
Galvanized fasteners fare much better in both cases (although plating on the fastener is "rapidly" lost with regular steel).

--
Steve Gordin SE
Irvine CA

Thor Tandy wrote:
I don't have my materials bible to hand .

I have a connector system which is hot-dipped galvanized and I am proposing
to use stainless steel Hilti Kwik Bolts-TZ for connection to concrete.
Would I be better to use Carbon steel anchors instead?  Is there significant
galvanic action between stainless and the galvanizing?  What about between
carbon steel and galvanizing?

Thanks

Victoria, BC
Canada