Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Cracked Concrete?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Cracked Concrete?
- From: "Tim Rudolph" <TimRudolph(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:36:23 -0800
I am looking at a submittal to replace 16 misplaced anchor bolts for a 38 ft diameter 16 ft tall bolted steel water tank in Seismic demand D area Old Zone 4 . The engineer submitted a epoxy anchorage of a 3/4" all thread rod with a 6" embedment for a 4500 lb tension only load in a grade beam 18"wide 24" deep with #5 stirrups @ 18"oc and 6 # 5 long bars inside the stirrups around the ring. (there are 26 of the 3/4" dia anchor bolts @ 4'7" oc spacing around the grade beam) They called out for the Simpson SET-EP epoxy and they used the anchor system calc software. now the question - The engineer did not select that the concrete was cracked. Should I consider this foundation grade beam an element that requires a cracked section anchor solution?
Tim Rudolph PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Coupled Timber Shear Walls
- Next by Subject: RE: Cracked Concrete?
- Previous by thread: Please her with ero-power
- Next by thread: RE: Cracked Concrete?