RE: Shoring Support - book reference

Gautam,

A very good resource is Caltrans, "Trenching and Shoring Manual" which should be a free download from their website.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Gautam Manandhar" <Gautam_Manandhar(--nospam--at)ci.richmond.ca.us>
02/24/2010 10:44 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Shoring Support - book reference

I have been asked by an architect I have been working with to provide shoring design for the dry rot repair of wood columns supporting a three story walkway in an apartment complex.  Could you recommend me some books for shoring design – the design itself and failures and pitfalls.

Gautam Manandhar