From: Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Culvert Bridge
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 2:58 PM

Daniel, Ed,

        I agree with this advice.

        Also, Armco (the corrugated metal culvert people) have one or more handbooks (intended for use with their products) which will have some very useful information for your purposes.

        And there is a DRISCOPIPE handbook put out by Phillips 66.  My copy is decades old but they probably have a newer one.  Among other things this manual contains formulae for determining soil pressure distributions due to point loads.  I think it was related to Boussinesq Equations, which you may also be able to find in a good soil mechanics textbook; but the handbook might be more convenient to use.

Regard,

H. Daryl Richardson