Cantilevered Bolts

I have a project that requires the use of cantilevered bolts (to clear a façade that the contractor wont remove/rework)

They will be attached via drill and epoxy to a concrete beam that is 6” from the application of load.

How do I design a drill and epoxy situation for an embedded pole type bending force?

I’m thinking that I would figure the design shear the same way that I would find the max stress on a weld – f = 6M/(L^2), where L would be the embedment in this case, and use f+V as my design shear just as I would for a normal non-cantilevered bolt.  Does this sound correct, or does anyone know of a more appropriate method?

Any other potential issues?

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.